Inspired by the craftsmen of Tangier, the woven fabric Tangier by Martyn Lawrence Bullard offers a new interpretation of the design of basketry.
PORT CHESTER, NY – Los Angeles designer Martyn Lawrence Bullard has teamed up with The Shade Store for a new line of premium custom window treatments.
“When conceptualizing my new collection for The Shade Store, I was inspired by memories of my travels to the world’s most beautiful and iconic destinations,” said Bullard. “I adopted brilliant and spectacular color combinations, patterns and styles, but also balanced and always accessible to the consumer. From creating a comfortable environment to creating a bold statement, a dressy window is essential to the finished look, function and feel of any room.
The exclusively designed collection includes six new materials for drapery, Roman shades and cornices. Bullard said the new assortment draws inspiration from his many travel experiences around the world, drawing inspiration from environments ranging from the streets of Tangier to the slopes of Paris.
“As we continue to see an increased appetite for embellishments and colors, we are excited to bring Martyn’s distinct design perspective to our customers through this new collection,” said Ian Gibbs, Co-Founder and Director of the creation of The Shade Store. “He has reinvented the design experience, transforming his clients’ homes into works of art and this partnership is a natural complement that continues to strengthen The Shade Store’s commitment to providing our clients with luxurious materials for their treatments. window. “
The new collection combines Bullard’s expertise in creating stunning interiors and his long-standing passion for the urge to travel, according to Gibbs. Bold flowers and vines in a cool color palette can join a selection of embroidered textured scissors that have a striking yet romantic flavor.
The collection includes the following styles:
• Nomadic Stripe – Inspired by patterns found on carved wooden shields, this simple stripe captures ancestral elegance and celebrates cultural fusion in its scale and texture.
• Tanger Weave – Inspired by the artisans of Tangier, this woven fabric is a new interpretation of basketry design, blending culture and time with its textured nature.
• Sahara Stripe – Inspired by French runway looks, this sheer fabric blends fashion and interior style. Its look is defined by a finely incorporated colored stripe.
• Palm Tree – Inspired by the 19th century fascination with palm trees and the design of palm trees in interiors, Palm Tree celebrates the art of embroidery with a sophisticated, vine-shaped palm tree design that captures a tropical flavor.
• Chinoiserie – Inspired by the art of hand-painted wallpapers created in the 18th century for Europe’s most sophisticated living rooms, this contemporary take on a classic brings a modern twist to today’s audiences.
• Boho Vine – Inspired by the bohemian fashion movement, this vine motif merges the beauty of traditional chinoiserie with modern simplicity.
The new collection will be on sale in all of The Shade Store’s more than 100 showrooms nationwide and through the online showroom at theshadestore.com.